2019-20 - Online Registration and Payment!
Please click the "Register Now" button to visit our new online registration portal. A new window will open and take you to our online registration service provided by Uplifter Inc.
Once on the registration portal you will need to create a account and add your child(ren) as participants. From there you can select your programs and complete your payment online.
In an effort to make this process easier, we have arranged with the City of Owen Sound to collect payment for Non-Resident cards along with your program registration.
Participants still have the option of purchasing a Non-Resident Card directly from the City by visiting or calling City Hall (Mon-Fri 8am – 4pm | 519-376-1440). Proof of purchase must be forwarded to OSSC.
To include a Non-Resident Card with your program registration, please complete the following steps:
Upon completion of your registration, a pop-up will appear with suggested Non-Resident Fee options:
City of Owen Sound Residents – Click the “X” in the upper right hand corner to close the pop-up window. You do not need to purchase a non-resident card
Georgian Bluffs Residents – Please choose “Non-Resident Fee – Other Municipalities”. Due to a lack of agreement with the City of Owen Sound, Georgian Bluffs residents are required to pay 100% of the fee ($167) at the point of purchase. You must apply to Georgian Bluffs to receive a rebate of ($125.25). Rebate application forms will be provided to you at the rink on the first night of skating
Meaford, Chatsworth, Saugeen Shores and all other Municipalities – Please choose “Non-Resident Fee – Other Municipalities”. You will be charged $41.25 or 25% of the fee ($167). The Owen Sound Skating Club will contribute the remaining 75% of the fee to the City on your behalf. Please note, STARSkate participants must register for a minimum of 2 days/week in order to qualify for the non-resident fee subsidy.
Business owners who own Businesses in Owen Sound may be exempt from purchasing a Non-Resident Card. Please contact the city directly to clarify at 519 376-1440.
Online Registration - FAQ
How do I Register Online?
Follow the link on the "Register Now" Button above. The system will require that you create a “family” login – one universal login for all skaters in your family. From there, you add your participants and select the programs.
How do I Pay Online?
Once you’ve selected your programs you will see your items appear in the shopping cart. Follow the prompts to complete the online checkout. We are able to accept Mastercard and Visa.
Can I Pay By Installment?
Yes. You may pay skating fees over 4 installments. As in the past, your Skate Canada Fee, Fundraising Fee and ¼ of the program fee will be payable at the time of registration. Your credit card will be automatically charged for the remaining ¾ of the program fee on October 1, November 1 and December 1, 2017. To pay by installments, change the selection from “Pay Once” to “Pay by Installments” on the checkout screen and follow the prompts.
Can I Pay by Cheque?
No. If you do not have a credit card, we will receive payment by cash only (in full). Cash payment by installment will not be accepted. We will no longer accept cheques for registration fees. Cash payments must be made in person at the upcoming registration nights Sept 12 and 20, 5:30-8:00pm at the Bayshore Community Centre
What is the Fundraising Fee?
We will once again be running the Skater’s Dream Draw this year with cash prizes of $1000, $500 and $250 to be drawn in February 2018. Your Fundraising Fee purchases you a book of draw tickets that you may then sell to recover your costs. Any money you collect from the sale of tickets is yours to keep as you have paid for the tickets up front.
Ticket books will be ready for pick-up at the rink on the first night of skating. With the draw happening in February, you will have ample time to sell those tickets!
Early Bird Discount!
Register before September 15 and SAVE $20 per skater!
Families with 3 or more children registered in programs will receive the 3rd and subsequent registrations at half-price! In order to qualify for the discount, all 3 (or more) registrations must be on the same invoice. The discount will be applied to the lowest priced programs.
If you have questions about our programs or would like to register in person (cash only, payment in full at the time of registration), stop by one of our upcoming registration sessions:
Tuesday August 16
Bayshore Community Centre
Wednesday August 21
6 - 8pm
Bayshore Community Centre